Bigelow Covered Bridge

The bridge was named in honor of Eliphas Bigelow, a nearby resident whose family founded Plain City. In 1990 the bridge underwent an extensive renovation. Massive nail-laminated arches were seated into new concrete foundations. The arch system now carries the weight of traffic on the bridge.

Bridge Stats:

aka Axe Handle Bridge

Length: 102 feet

Built: 1873

Builder: Partridge

Spans: Little Darby Creek

Historical Marker

Marysville & Union County Convention & Visitors Bureau

227 E. 5th St. Marysville OH, 43040 | 937.642.6279

Union Station 1820 - Welcome Center

109 E. 5th St. Marysville OH, 43040 | 937.644.2899

  • Facebook
  • Instagram